Topic-icon Colouring a scanned bitmap image

• GuyMarkTee
  • GuyMarkTee's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #919 by GuyMarkTee
Colouring a scanned bitmap image was created by GuyMarkTee
Hello.

I am attempt to create an ilda file which includes a poppy. I have found some fairly simple designs online with a little green leaf and a stem.

When I use the bitmap trace, it imports the image fine BUT seems to have many hundreds of points - this is ok but it is making it incredibly difficult to colour.

I can make the whole thing red, or the whole thing green very easily of course, but trying to individually select the stem points and leaf points seems almost impossible.

I have tried to "drag a box" around the stemp to "select all points inside" but I don't think that is a thing - certainly it doesn't seem to work for me.

Can someone tell me the best way for a newbie, to create a fairly simple RED petal poppy with a leaf outline and a stem please. I don't mind if it takes me an hour or three hours - but so far I have spent about 10 hours trying to work out how to do it, and I thought it was perhaps past high time to ask for a little guidance.

Obviously if anyone knows of a red/green poppy already existing as an ILDA file or a HEB file, that would be fantastic - but so far I have not found anything along those lines.

A fellow called Brian Westin did the image of a soldier for me for this years tribute - but as he didn't want payment, I feel I cannot really ask him for more help for next year. If anyone can help for payment (if such a request is permitted), please do get in touch.

Many thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #920 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Colouring a scanned bitmap image
Hi,

maybe attched files help you ...
It's not been done with a projector connected, but was a midnight draw two days ago. So may need some tweaking of one or the other points.
use an actual picture as background image, and then hand draw it. pretty easy and fast.
Use the magnifying glass button to zoom into the drawing and select individual points.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: GuyMarkTee

• GuyMarkTee
  • GuyMarkTee's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #921 by GuyMarkTee
Replied by GuyMarkTee on topic Colouring a scanned bitmap image
Thank you so much for that, I really appreciate it, that is pretty much exactly what I was trying to get!

Awesome. I can now also try to learn how to use the tools with something to play around with and experiment on!

Login