Topic-icon Max pps to use in software with CS-1000RGB MK2

• pabben
  • pabben's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 1 week ago #808 by pabben
Hi,

I have a CS-1000RGB MK2 and laserworld showNET.
My intention was to display our logo and/or text but I get a lot of flickering, even when i use the single-line font!
I am able to reduce the flickering by increasing the pps but way before i reach the 30 kpps the hardware is supposed to handle, i get a warning saying to only use 40-60% of max capacity.

How high can I set the pps without risk of damaging the laser, and is there a optimized setting-file I can import for my cs-1000rgb laser?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 week ago #809 by admin
Hi,

Logo and text projection are the most challenging applications for laser systems.
The less points a logo and text has, the better the output.The smaller the projection size, the better. Most important is a rather small scan angle, this helps a lot in reducing flickering. A projection of complex graphics at full angle will not only flicker but also damage the scanners.
The warning message that comes up is a general warning, so people do not shoot their scanners straight out. You can pass this warning, but it's there to make you aware of this potential risk.

Please check on the instructions here to optimize the performance:
www.showeditor.com/en/tutorials-faq/tuto...-scan-rate-kpps.html
www.showeditor.com/en/tutorials-faq/tuto...ty-optimization.html

Of course, the CS-1000RGB is a great laser for the price, but it's not designed for too complex projections. Maybe a product of the tarm range is more the way you want to go, depending on the complexity of your projections.

• pabben
More
4 years 1 week ago #811 by pabben
Thank you for a quick and great answer! :D

The specs for the CS-1000 is 30kpps at 4 degrees. In the tutorial (link you provided) it's stated that "The value stated as ILDA standard is only valid for an 8° output angle"

Also, the reply from laserworld was "before you increase the scanner speed you should reduce the size of the image".

1: Does 30 kbpps @ 4° mean that i can do 15 kbpps @ 8°, 7,5 kbpps @ 16° and so on?
2: The CS-1000 has up to 40° scan angle. Will i be at 4° if i only operate within 10% of the laserworld grid in "figure editor"?
3: Is the "pattern size" knob on the laser a zoom-function or does it change the scan angle it self?

Basically i'm trying to understand how i can know when i am at X degrees scanning angle thus not damaging the laser.

More
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #812 by admin
Hi,

the scan rate is not linear in terms of the scan angle and the possible scan rate.

You could do a calculation for the scan angle or use this handy tool for it: www.laserworld.com/en/laserworld-toolbox...ance-calculator.html

More
4 years 1 week ago #813 by admin
Ah, forgot to answer the last question:
The pattern size knob is somewhat of a zoom function, yes.

• pabben
More
4 years 1 week ago #814 by pabben
Thank you again :)

I've tried to optimize as guided in the tutorial and the blue circle gets distorted (and sounds from the scanner weird) at 3000 pps.

Setting the pps to this low value makes even the letter "L" to flicker to much when i use 1 square in laserworld editor (should be around 3° scanning angle)

I assume i have "optimized" the laser for the most difficult figures and can consider the 3000 pps setting to be "safe for all use"?

Should i do the "listen for weird sounds and look for distortion"-test on all figures to maximise the potensial?

Am i perhaps way out of what to expect at this price tag? I was expecting to be able to write a 5-8 letter word at the price tag of almost 1000 EURO :P

Login