Topic-icon DS-1000RGB - Missing Beam Shows

• Matthew B
  • Matthew B's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #1150 by Matthew B
DS-1000RGB - Missing Beam Shows was created by Matthew B
Greetings,

I have a question regarding the DIP switch settings on my DS-1000RGB laser projector. After making the decision to purchase a Laserworld laser projector I spent a considerable amount of time researching the different models which were within my budget and was finally drawn towards the DS-1000RGB model because I liked the idea of having an internal SD memory card and also to be able to either create, acquire or project existing animations, logo's etc.

However common beam related shows were as much importance to me as the other aspects I've already mentioned which was ultimately the reason I purchased this particular product. The product description mentioned that as well as pre-installed animations there were also common beam shows such as 'Tunnel' and 'Crowd Scan' pre-installed and included on the SD memory card.

In reality the SD memory card has an abundance of random animations but I haven't been able to find any beam shows such as 'Tunnel' or 'Crowd Scan' and indeed any other type of beam related shows.

So my question is why aren't any of these available with the product and does Laserworld have any pre-designed beam shows which are available to acquire by legitimate purchasers of the they're products?

Thank you

Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #1151 by admin
Replied by admin on topic DS-1000RGB - Missing Beam Shows
The SD cards inside the unit hold a huge amount of content you can trigger via DMX, ArtNET or call in Auto, s2l or Demo mode.
You can create whatever type of show you want with this means.
The already loaded content can be combined to astonishing shows using DMX or ArtNET control, or you can use the Showeditor software (full license included!) To create custom content or make use of the 250 free shows that come with it.

For the understanding: do not mix up the terms "laser show" with the ILDA files / cues - it is sth different. A laser show has some sort of time base and consista of these frames/cues.
It's actually not common to load a complete laser show to the sd card (you could do so), because for this you would normally use some sort of software control. Or you would use a trigger method like DMX to arrange the frames/cues on the SD card to a timebase

• Matthew B
  • Matthew B's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 1 month ago #1152 by Matthew B
Replied by Matthew B on topic DS-1000RGB - Missing Beam Shows
Thank you so much for your swift response.

I've actually owned my DS-1000RGB for some time now and have hooked it up to my Windows 10 laptop using LAN connection numerous times in order to experiment with Showeditor and try my hardest to be able to output and trigger Showeditor content whilst connected to the laser projector without much success.

In regards to the 250 included Showeditor free shows you mentioned there doesn't appear to be any where near that amount showing up so do I have to install the 2 free packs which are intended and related to Showeditor program, or am I looking in the wrong place?

Also I was under the impression that all content within Showeditor could be controlled or triggered via LAN cable between laptop & projector, if this is correct could you please advise me on which DIP switch settings I should be using for this control?

Thank you

More
2 years 1 month ago #1153 by admin
Replied by admin on topic DS-1000RGB - Missing Beam Shows
In assume you missed out on the most crucial information source about how to get going with all this: www.laserworld.com/en/laser-online-user-...ip-switch-panel.html

Here are all the free Shows: www.showeditor.com/en/downloads/free-laser-shows.html
Check out all the subcategories with the free beam shows - there are alone 226 of them listed there

Login