Topic-icon DMX program

More
5 years 6 months ago #459 by Remo
DMX program was created by Remo
How to access DMX program in timeline editor.
I have set of lights and assign channel number, am able to use DMX option, but am unable to access through timeline editor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #460 by Tschosef
Replied by Tschosef on topic DMX program
Hello,

you have to do several things:
1) select your dmx output interface (normaly your ShowNet interface, with dmx cable connector) see Options ==> Midi/DMX ==> DMX output devices. Click on dropDown list, and select your device

2) open your laserhow

3) open DMX Window

4) click create new DMX-Macro .... set the Values of the channels (may be you want to use "intelligent DMX-Device) ..

5) if you want to, create several Steps for your DMX Macro and define the values in each step

6) Save your DMX Makro in the show folder

7) Assign the dmx makro to a computer-keyboard key

8) now you should be able to set the call of your dmx makro in the Timeline in a DMX Track by using the record method (actually drag and drop is not avaliable)

do not forget to save your show...

If you have complex DMX equipment (movingheads) i reccommend to use 3rd pard dmx software, and triggere it by using the dmx output of Showeditor (for my selve, i am using sunlite suite) ...

if you have questions to some Steps, please let me know.

greez
Erich

More
5 years 6 months ago #461 by Remo
Replied by Remo on topic DMX program
I have created dmx mackro steps and assign some channel number but i need to sync with audio track how do i do.
please tell me the process.(ex: laser animation in timeline track with audio sync)

More
5 years 6 months ago #462 by Tschosef
you have to "place" the DMX Call Events in the Timeline of the Timeline Lasershow.
to do this, you have to use the record-method...
After creating your dmx macro, select your dmx macro in the macro list.. then click the button "Keyboard Assignment" ... and press a key of your keyboard to do the assignment.

Now change to the timeline Lasershoweditor window, containing your lasershow (and audio!!) ... select a DMX Track by clicking on its name (it will be higlighted green)... for example select Track "0 DMX Macro" at Page "A" ...

Now start the Record (click the record button in the top of the window)... and in the Moment you want to call the macro, press the key you have assigned...

Pay also attention to the option "Use Key up Event" in the "Settings" Menue of the timeline window... if selected, the dmx macro will be switched of when you lift the key.

hope this will help?
greez
Erich

More
5 years 6 months ago #463 by Remo
Replied by Remo on topic DMX program
I have assigned DMX CHANNEL 20 for start 21-red, 22-green, 23-blue in DMX mackro.
how to import this each channel into timeline show, but am able to import only one single channel.But
i need all dmx channel in same timeline.Tell me the process.

More
5 years 6 months ago #464 by Tschosef
I'm sorry, I'm not in the office this week.
May be this tutorial Video will help. The video is a tutorial, made for a pretty similar software.

Unfortunately the video is only available in german language.

best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Penax

More
4 years 1 week ago #759 by Penax
Replied by Penax on topic DMX program
I have a Laserworld ShowNET DS-1000RGB. The DMX monitor shows changes.
The light connected to the DMX OUT does not work.
Do I need to connect ILDA - DMX interface?

More
4 years 1 week ago #768 by admin
Replied by admin on topic DMX program
You should be able to hook up a DMX device to the DMX connector of the laser. There does not necessarily be any light.

More
4 years 1 week ago #779 by Penax
No output data to DMX OUT. Describing in
www.showeditor.com/en/forum/midi-and-dmx...shownet-dmx-out.html

More
4 years 1 week ago #787 by Tschosef
Hello....

My knowledge is:
The DMX OUT of the Laserprojektor every Projector with ShowNET inside) is simply conected to the DMX IN .. so this is just a simple DMX Throu ...

So, i think .. if you want to use the DMX Out Signals from the Software (timeline editor and DMX makro editor) you have to use a external ShowNET interface and the DMX Cable Whip...

best regards
Erich
The following user(s) said Thank You: Penax

More
4 years 6 days ago #788 by Penax
Hello...

That would be wrong. So DMX connectors are only functional when the DIL switches are switched to DMX control. When I have the DIL switch set to DHCP, the DMX output is only via ILDA. Is that right? Why is it not written in the manual? I am just an amateur, I have a laser for home use, should be a manual for idiots.
Okay, I buy an ILDA - DMX adapter. I hope it helps.

More
4 years 5 days ago #790 by Tschosef
Hello again,

i did try to use a ILDA - DMX Adapter at the ilda Out from the DS 2000 RGB ShowNET... but i was not able to get some DMX out of the device .....

I am sorry, but obviously you can't get DMX Values from the Software via the internal ShowNET interface.

Best regards
erich

More
4 years 5 days ago #791 by Penax
Hello...
If I understand this well, the internal ShowNet is not able to control the DMX OUT even when using an ILDA - DMX adapter (cable). This is very bad. I cannot write a program for laser and DMX separately. I cannot have other devices for controlling the DMX OUT.
Or write an ILDA file in ShowEdit and then upload it to the Light Console and send it back to the Laser input to the DMX IN along with the programmed lights. That's crazy.
Or use SD card files and create timeline in another mix. I'd rather buy ShowNet separately. I thought that the integrated ShowNet has the same parameters just that it is not built into the box. I dont know what to do next.

More
4 years 5 days ago #792 by Penax
Now I should buy External ShowNet and Ilda - DMX Adapter. Ilda connector to control laser and DMX Out lights. Keep the internal ShowNet in the laser switched to ILDA control.

More
4 years 5 days ago #795 by Tschosef
Hello Penax,

the manufacturer told me today, they will put this problem on the To Do List for next Firmware update.

best regards
Erich

More
4 years 5 days ago #796 by Penax
Hello Tschosef,

That's very good from the right. And will it work out only Software? I'm not very optimistic. It is interesting that no one has solved this problem.
It should be as soon as possible.
Thank you very much, for your interest and great help.

More
4 years 23 hours ago - 4 years 23 hours ago #800 by Penax
Hello Tschosef.

I just got an idea. What if Showcontroller programm can send data to DMX Out. To program the laser together with the lights. Or it's a ShowNET Hardware problem ? I could buy the program to solve my problems. But what if it doesn't work.
You can test it?
Thank you.

More
4 years 20 hours ago #801 by Tschosef
Hello Penax

as i know, this is a problem in the shownet firmware.... i hope this will be solved soon. The showeditor ans also showcontroller are able to send dmx data to dmx out since many years ;-)

best regards
erich

More
3 years 11 months ago #804 by Penax
I don't believe it won't be that simple and soon. For the manufacturer it will be easy to make repairs only in the manual for the ShowNET mainboard.
Manufacturer to my email, did not respond. I will try to contact our dealer in the Czech Republic.

Login