Topic-icon Imported ILDA file from commercial repository has incorrect colour mapping

• ForthlightRob
  • ForthlightRob's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #1469 by ForthlightRob
I purchased an ILDA file from a commercial library (www.animated-lines.com). The preview, and the site insist the ILDA contains the animation in the preview on the site, but when imported to ShowEditor the colours are all wrong. The lines and points seem to be vaguely right. I can't see any import options for ILDA files unless I'm missing them. What am I doing wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #1470 by admin
In this case the file is in a format that uses color pallets instead of RGB values - this used to be a quite common format many years back, so there is still content around. (There are different versions of the ILDA file standard, as it has evolved over time). You can convert this to the standard RGB format with Showeditor:

1. Open the ILDA file
2. Click: Color Table -> Load Pangolin Color Table - now the colors should display correctly
3. Click: Windows -> Special Features
4. in the window that opens click on the button "Change colors to the HE colortable values"

That's it - if you then export the file as ILDA file again, it will be in the current RGB-values standard, that can also be used with other playback systems.

• ForthlightRob
  • ForthlightRob's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #1471 by ForthlightRob
Thanks for the reply. Whilst that seemed to do something (on the second attempt at least) still not quite what I was expecting. I was however able to use color change to re-color the sequence to something better.

Login