Topic-icon Difficutly with colour on SD card show for Pro-1600 - blues and greens are white

• bckeeping
  • bckeeping's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago #316 by bckeeping
I am having some difficulty making figures for the Pro-1600 from laserworld.
I have tried to make a rainbow effect, but it seems that all lines which are blue or green simply show up as white on the laser.

To test this, I have created the attached .HEB and .ILD files which have simple coloured circles in white, magenta, blue, green, red and yellow. The white red, yellow and magenta come out fine, but the green, blue and cyan come out as white.

I am exporting as format 6 for Chinese lasers as per the instructions for this device.
What am I doing wrong?! :)

I have a friends wedding in 2 weeks so am hoping to resolve this, any help greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #317 by Tschosef
Hello Ben,

hmmm... i am not shure, but may be, the problem is the translation to Pangolin Colortable.... the Pro1600 is using a older ilda format (type 6 for chinese lasers).
Because this, the colors from Showeditor must be translated...
My idea is, to use the Pangolin Colortable before you create the files, you want to export.
So open the Menue ==> Colortable and click "Load Pangolin Colortable" . . .

if this do not work please let me know, i have to test it out.... i had a Pro Projector, but meanwhile i have forgotten the details how it works....

greez
Erich

• bckeeping
More
6 years 9 months ago #318 by bckeeping
Thanks for this Erich.

I have done a little more investigation and I think the issue is that the laser seems to be only providing 7 colours when used with ILDA files on the SD card.

This is odd as it has full analogue modulation! It's a shame that it can't be used to use full colours from ILDA frames. Not sure if that is by design.

I have a couple of other issues though, not sure whether you have any idea about these too? :)

1) The ILDA frames that I am saving from the showeditor software seem to only be using 50% of the scan range, so the images are quite small. Whereas the pre-loaded ILDA frames on the SD card are much larger. Is there a setting I am missing?

2) often find that some lines at the bottom of the frame don't come out. E.g. if I draw a square all the way to the edge of the visible frame, then the bottom of the square simply doesn't appear. Again, is there anything I am missing? :)

Thanks for your help.
Ben

More
6 years 9 months ago #319 by Tschosef
Hello Ben,

hmm.... may be, the SD Ilda File Reader is only able to create a ttl Signal for the Lasers (only 7 colors).... but i recommend to ask the Dealer, i am not shure abought this.

Size of Ildas:
if you are exporting ilda, the showeditor is using the settings of your Options! So if you use 50% Showsize.... or global size.. the output to ilda file will also be just 50%
Also the mirror of X and Y in the Ilda file could be sett in the options of Showeditor.
It is a good idea to create a Settings file just for Ilda export... (if you are also using DAC output)....

the missing line...

hmm..... i am not shure what the reason is... may be, you could send the ilda file to me?... may be it is a bug.....
What happens, if you add a extra Point to the Square in the beginning of its drawing?

greez
Erich

More
6 years 9 months ago #322 by Tschosef
A Question...

do you use the ShowNet Interface? in this case, you should be able to use its SD-Card Ilda Player... (in stand allone SD Mode).... this is able to play RGB analog Ilda Files!

greez
Erich

• bckeeping
More
6 years 9 months ago #323 by bckeeping
Hi Erich,

Thaks so much for your help. I think you are right, looks like the SD card player in the laser is only using TTL. If I start using the laser a lot more I might look to add a shownet interface :). For the mo I'll try and stick to the 7 colours for the TTL until it gets frustrating.

Thanks for the tip on the global size, it was indeed set to 60%!

On the strange missing lines, this seems to have resolved itself now that I have changed the global size.

Thanks very much for your help :)
Now I'll just try and get the Laserworld hardware guys to explain how I set the playback speed as it completely ignores the FPS setting of the frames :)

Kind Regards
Ben

Login