Topic-icon midi key assignments

• noiseboymart
  • noiseboymart's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #89 by noiseboymart
midi key assignments was created by noiseboymart
When trying to assign a midi note to a key after a note value of 41 the software keeps adding 5 to the midi note value even though the midi monitor value is correct.Anyone any advice as to what i am doing wrong. Ta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #90 by admin
Replied by admin on topic midi key assignments
Hi,

please try to use the MIDI monitor for checking teh actual MIDI value that is coming as IN signal. There may be different behavior depending on the MIDI controller you're using. Especially the AKAI APC-40 (the first version) is known for uncommon MIDI feedback behavior.
Please also see the MIDI manual section: www.showeditor.com/en/manual/12-remote-c...ontrol-via-midi.html

There is also a more detailed tutorial available: www.showeditor.com/en/tutorials-faq/tuto...wn-midi-profile.html

We're going to publish a video tutorial on MIDI mapping in Laserworld Showeditor within the next days as well.

• noiseboymart
More
8 years 4 months ago #93 by noiseboymart
Replied by noiseboymart on topic midi key assignments
The monitor is reporting the correct incoming midi value.When i try to assign a key to say 51 it insists on setting its value to 55 which is missing 4 notes on my keyboard.

More
8 years 4 months ago #94 by admin
Did you actually assign the MIDI value after having it set?
It is possible to adapt the listening behavior to the incoming MIDI signal in the MIDI mapping area . maybe it's a matter of mixed up Data 1 and Data 2 signal? See here what I mean: www.showeditor.com/en/manual/12-remote-c...ontrol-via-midi.html

What controller do you want to configure?

• noiseboymart
More
8 years 4 months ago #95 by noiseboymart
i am just try to use a bog standard midi keyboard to trigger the patterns and yes i assigned the midi value after setting it

• noiseboymart
More
8 years 4 months ago #96 by noiseboymart
On another midi matter is there an easier way of assigning midi notes rather than having to go through all 12 pages of 48 keys individually. Its rather time consuming to say the least.?

More
8 years 4 months ago #98 by admin
I'll check with the developer if there is something specific on that keyboard, because I didn't have this error with any of the various controllers and keyboards I configured already. Will post his feedback shortly.

There is the option to auto-assign MIDI (see the respective button in the LIVE window), however you usually want to have specific control over the very features when using MIDI, and the software cannot guess which controller or keyboard you are using - except it's one where presets are available (like for the Oxygen and the APC mini). So the setting can berather random if done automatically.

Login