Topic-icon Laserworld Showeditor and DMX Settings - Can you help?

• deejaypaul
  • deejaypaul's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago #324 by deejaypaul
Hello everyone

I'm wondering if someone could give me some help regarding using the Laserworld Pro-800 RGB Laser system with the Showeditor Dongle and the Chauvet Obey 70 DMX Controller.

At the moment i can control the laser using the DMX Controller making lots of different patterns and shapes, but in this mode (without the Showeditor dongle attached) it doesn't project proper beams unlike when i connect the showeditor and dongle) and set it in stand-alone mode dip switch channel settings 5=1 and 9 = 1.

In the manual it says you can put it in DMX mode with dip switch channel 10=1 but it says the DMX channel 1 needs to have a greater value than 0 (recommended 64-192) and DMX channel 2 also needs to have a value greater than 0.

As my DMX controller is 32 channel, i understand about setting lights on different channels i.e 1-32, 33- 65 etc, but i am confused about the above. At the moment i am unable to control my laser through DMX mode using the showeditor dongle attached in the back.

Is this possible to control the laser with the showeditor using the DMX mode? If anyone can help me i would be over the moon.

Deejay Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Login