Topic-icon Issues creating a file on the SD card

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #558 by Dan
I am trying to create a show that runs from the SD card in the show controller
I have created a laser frame saved it to a 'new_folder' on the SD card and named it 000
I have followed all tutorials and cant get this to work.
The first time I tried it with Showeditor v.2015 version it worked a treat. Then I needed to alter the frame.
I went through the same procedure again but it never worked.
I have tried the 2017 version of the software (this came up with errors in German and then said it was going to take 9600 s (I assume s means seconds) to save to the SD card. It never worked even after waiting.
Ive tried using the 2015 and 2017 versions and had no results.
The dip switches are set to 6 on for the connection to the controller from the laptop. Then 6 and 8 on when I run the show directly to the laser. (I power the unit down between dip switch changes).
I have tried a different laptop also
I am naming the file 000.ila and putting it inside a newly created folder each time I try.
There is only one simple frame - a circle!
WHAT IS GOING ON?
Can someone give me a clear step by step guide right through creating the frame and saving it to the SD card that includes EVERY step? I have also ordered another Show controller from Laserworld in case thats the issue...
Please dont point me to a Laserworld video ive watched them all.
Any help is really appreciated ive got a show in a few days...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #559 by Tschosef
Replied by Tschosef on topic Issues creating a file on the SD card
Hello,

i will try to help... i am the Programmer of Software.

Now, my first wish.... if possible, please use always the latest Version of Software, because it is not easy to support older versions ;-)

as i understand you right, you had a ilda file exportet with 2015 Version, that was working?

Pay Attention in V7 of Software (latest Version) you must check the Output Asignement! if there is no asignement, or a wrong asignement, you will get a empty ilda file!

So please open the Options ==> Hardware, and check if Page A is asigned to hardware 1 (or may be virtual device)...

Per Default (if you use Free Version) the Page A is routet to device 2 ;-)

if you still have trouble, please let me know

best regards
Erich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Login