Topic-icon DS-3000 RGB

• branweb
  • branweb's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 4 months ago #1111 by branweb
DS-3000 RGB was created by branweb
I've just installed Shownet and connected the DS-3000 to the computer. For some reason it is running the free software not the licensed, so the laser isn't switching on. Any reason for this? I thought the DS-3000 comes with built in DAC and free license but can't for the life of me work out how to connect. (currently showing Virtual Interfaces in the Settings>Hardware).

p.s. Is there a DS-3000RGB Mk1 ? How does one tell the difference ? The box mine came in doesn't say Mk2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #1112 by admin
Replied by admin on topic DS-3000 RGB
99% your firewall blocks the software from connecting with the hardware.
Here is the manual explaining how to get going: www.laserworld.com/en/laser-online-user-...-a-single-laser.html

• branweb
More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #1113 by branweb
Replied by branweb on topic DS-3000 RGB
Checked manual. Checked Firewall. Removed Firewall. Still can't see it. If I set the laser to static IP address eg. 192.168.0.52, I can ping it and it's there. But the Admin Tool cannot find it! Any ideas ? By the way, I'm using Windows 10. When I start up Admin Tool it only gives me 2 options (not 3) for checking the firewall to allow the app to work.

More
2 years 4 months ago #1114 by admin
Then it is most likely the firewall.

Please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call the office at +41-71-6778080 and we can help get you sorted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: branweb

• branweb
More
2 years 4 months ago #1115 by branweb
Can you still ping through a firewall and get a response ?

More
2 years 4 months ago #1116 by admin
Yes, this is quite normal behavior though. The firewall is there to block unwanted traffic, so it does not block Pings, but Software from communication through different ports and interfaces.
For testing purposes try to disable the firewall for all network environments (usually there should be at least 2). If it works then, reactivate the firewall again and add an exception for the software.
You can also rename the folder where your AdminTool is. On restart of the tool it will ask you for FW permissions. There do as the manual says: Tick ALL boxes and confirm. Then it should work.

More
2 years 4 months ago #1117 by admin
You may also want to try that one for Showeditor to get going (Admin Tool different to that): www.showeditor.com/en/downloads/drivers-...r-showeditor-v7.html

• branweb
More
2 years 4 months ago #1118 by branweb
Thanks. I've tried this a number of times. I've moved Admin tool to a different folder. I've checked both boxes (only 2) when asking me to allow app to work through for firewall. I've disabled firewall too for private and public and domain. I've checked the connection from the ethernet cable which goes into my switch and then to my computer - this connection can move data so that's fine. I've plugged the ethernet cable directly from laser to mac. Still not working 8.(
The laser however works as I've put it on Demo mode and it fires up.. so this is good news.

Login