Topic-icon Laserworld ShowNET interface connection to computer

• r.trecha
  • r.trecha's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #315 by r.trecha
I am unable to successfully launch the Showeditor software using:
newly purchased ShowNET interface and software and my PC
I receive this message: "Please connect your interface and dongle key code“ interface and dongle key code"

I have followed the instructions presented in:
the tube video

the Forum Q&A
www.showeditor.com/en/forum/software-ins...dongle-key-code.html

the tutorial
www.showeditor.com/en/tutorials-faq/tuto...resolution-tips.html

I have:
turned off WIFI, running only one network
gave Laser app a pass thru firewall
turned off Firewall
no antivirus software running
install a new downloaded version of SE 2015
set DIP switches on ShowNET interface
set Static IP address on computer
specified an address in the same address room as the ShowNET interface
used Internet Protocol Version 4
disabled Internet Protocol Version 6
changed the Advanced Sharing Settings for the particular network to "Private"
changed out cat5 cable
restarted computer
unplugged and repluedg the power supply to ShowNET interface
downloaded Laserworld ShowNET Hardware Admin Tool
the device at the designated IP address WAS recognized

I continue to see the "Please connect your interface and dongle key code“ error message and cannot access the SE software

Please help
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 7 months ago #342 by msijster
Hi All,

I am having the exact same problem and tried all of the above. I purchased a new Laserworld laser and Showeditor software with interface but I also keep getting the error "Please connect your interface and DongleKeyCode"

Please help! I was asked for a show on the end of upcoming week!

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,
Mario
More
6 years 7 months ago #343 by admin
Please specify:
- Which IP-address have you given the interface, which IP address have you given the computer?
- Are file shares and printers exposed to the network (in some rare cases this is necessary)?
- for testing purposes: Firewall off, Windows firewall off, anti virus off, Windows Defender off?

Can you access the interface through the Admin tool (can be found in C:\Programs (x68)\LaserworldShoweditor )? If so, please post the status it gives.
More
6 years 7 months ago #344 by msijster
Thanks for the quick respond.

I configured the interface with IP-Address: 192.168.0.60, my computer with address: 192.168.0.65

When I start the admin tool, following settings are displayed:
[email protected] (1 device(s) found
IP Adress: 192.168.0.60
MAC Adress: C:1B:E0...etc
Bootloader: 2015052200
Firmware: 2016050502
Interface ID: D4AA3461:E0....etc
License: /Showeditor
Hardware-ID: 4
Dongle Status: available

So, looking at the admin tool, dongle is found and interface seems to be working, however when I start the showeditor software, both cannot be found. I tested with the admin tool installed with the software in Program Files and also downloaded the one from the website.

Furthermore I tried lots of things with network settings. Disabled all other interface (like WiFi, Bluetooth, etc), disabled Firewall, anti virus, Windows defender.

Tried to configure the interface with DHCP, Auto-IP and then back to static IP, all with no result, same error every time. I am using a laptop with Windows 10 installed.

To illiminate that it could be my laptop, i tried another computer and configured that IP adress with IP 192.168.0.66 (did again a restart of the laserword interface), but again with no result. I did disable all the nescesarry things on that computer to. This computer had Windows 7 Professional edition installed.

I can't find the problem, the interface seems to work, because he is found with the admin tool, but via TCP/IP there seem to be some security issues that I can't figure out.

Any help / advice / tips would be appreciated! Again thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Mario
More
6 years 7 months ago #345 by admin
Hi Mario,

it seems you're facing a strange issue. I've spoken to the programmer to find out what may be the issue. As the interface can be determined by the admin tool, it appears that the hardware side is OK, just the software cannot recognize the device. In 99% this is due to the firewall blocking the software.Please try to pro-actively set the rights for the Showeditor software in the firewall to allow inbound and outbound traffic - both for public and for private networks (the computer in some cases sets the connection to "public network"). So try to keep the firewall active, but let the software bypass it.
It can also help to update the drivers of your network card - some updated of Windows seem to also require hardware driver updates for the network card to work properly under all conditions (had that issue with my laptop).
If you have the chance to, try to connect the interface on a fresh and clean windows installation.

One last question: Have you installed the Showeditor demo version before installing the full verion? Do you use the latest version from the website (not the one that came with the package on CD)?
You can also try to completely uninstall all versions of Showeditor and do a clean, fresh install with the latest full software version from teh website (that one: www.showeditor.com/en/downloads/download...15-full-version.html)
More
6 years 7 months ago #346 by Tschosef
Hello,

i am the programmer, and i am in contact with Norbert since yesterday.
Today i got a Mail from Norbert, and after reading this mail, may be i have a idea what the problem is. But i am not able to check it now... because this, i asked Norbert to check this.... i think one of us will answer soon....

greez
Erich
More
6 years 7 months ago #347 by admin
If the measures described above do not lead to any success, please mail to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., so we can sort further details.
More
6 years 7 months ago #348 by msijster
Thanks a lot for your reply! I realy appreciate your effort in trying to solve my problem!

Yesterday I did some further tests with disabling firewall completely, disabled windows defender and antivirus from the registry. Also I added rules for enabling inbound and outbound traffic in firewall for the showeditor program.

I did update drivers after I first saw the problem, so my networkcard has the latest drivers. All of this without result, stil the same issue.

Next thing I want to try is do measure traffic on the network card and try to find out what ports are blocked and hopefully try to find out what the problem is.

Again thanks a lot and I am looking forward on your next advice / tips.

Best regards,
Mario
More
6 years 6 months ago #351 by radical6
I am also having the same problem.

I am static and can ping the device

Has there been any solution to this?
More
6 years 6 months ago #353 by msijster
Hi,

I am still having the issue, there hasn't been posted a solution yet. Even after receiving a complete new device from laserworld, reinstalling the computer and several other things I tried, no show.

I have send also some data about network traffic between computer and device and I am awaiting for an answer. I hope to receive an answer soon!

Best Regards,
Mario
More
6 years 6 months ago #355 by admin
Hi,
sorry for the delayed reply. We investigated to check what the special situation in your case may be.
In some cases it is essential to activate the visibility of the computer in the network. This is a special setting in Windows 10 that allows control if the comupter is exposed to be viewable in the network or not. Standard setting is "off", so it requires activation.

Go to:
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings

Turn on network discovery
Turn on file and printer sharing

Do this for all relevant networks (for testing, you can restrict again afterwards).

maybe it also helps to set Windows to developer mode.

The problem you're facing seems to be very specific, however I'm confident we get it solved. Unfortunately Windows comes in thousands of configuration variations, also depending on the computer itself, so it may need some tweaking in rare cases.
More
6 years 6 months ago #357 by msijster
Hi,

I did check this earlier and yesterday I tried it again. Although I have disabled al other adapters, I configured network visability for all adapters and enabled file and network sharing.

When I use the admin tool everything looks fine. When the laserworld software starts it looks like PC and interface are comunicating with each other. A few seconds later I get the messaga that I also send to you by e-mail: Dongle removed? Please check dongle connection. Software tries to find dongle again.Retry Time = 5000, after clicking OK, i get the same message with a retry time of 1000. after clicking OK again, I get the picture with the interface and message: Please plugin you laserworld interface including the dongle codekey..

You can see that interface is communicating, because I can see de LED light blinking .

I realy hope to find a solution because we wanted to use the software already for some shows.

Again thanks for your help and looking forward hearing from you!

Best regards,

Mario
More
6 years 6 months ago #358 by Scott Young
Replied by Scott Young on topic Laserworld ShowNET interface connection to computer
I'm having the exact same same problem. Followed everything in this thread and the YouTube tutorials, but the software won't open and displays the "please plug in your Laserword interface including the Donglekeycode".

I'm using Windows 10 64bit. I'm following this thread with baited breath to see what the issue is.

I'm considering buying an old windows 7 laptop from eBay just to run this software.

Come on Laserworld sort this out!
More
6 years 6 months ago #359 by admin
The issue is sorted and only affects some very few licenses, maybe 5 to 10. The interfaces affected require replacement. Please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to arrange an exchange, but ONLY if the Admin tool DOES NOT give this status in the "firmware" tab (you can find the admin tool in the installation directory of Showeditor, usually C:\Program Files (x86)\LaserworldShoweditor_2015):

Dongle Status: available, initialized, key,

This only applies to customers that have bought a full Showeditor Set, not for the ones that only bought a ShowNet interface.

In case you are unsure, please make a screenshot of the firmware tab in the admin tool and mail it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to get you sorted.

I aplogize for the inconveniences.

Login